Can you believe that the holiday season has already come and gone?? Before we know it, it will be over 90 degrees here in Houston, Texas. That means spring and summer are right around the corner. It is officially moving season. Summer is a point to start over and start fresh. Whether it’s coming home from college, moving apartments or homes, or taking a long European excursion, we all seem to be on the go and moving things. As an individual who just finished moving back from college, I have compiled a simple list to help someone who needed some moving tips.
- Buy items in advance so you aren’t wasting time
and money hunting them down at the last minute
- Amazon and some second-hand retailers can often be cheaper than most stores
- Organize items by how you are going to pack them
- Clothes, glass items, kitchen supplies, bedroom, décor, large pictures, large furniture
- Be sure to pack your items properly
- Some furniture might require extra care and attention when packing, such as valuable antiques
- Research what moving company you are going to
- There are so many moving companies out there. Make sure you research each company and look at their online reviews. Some might be more expensive than others but it is crucial that the company will pack your items carefully and efficiently
- If you need storage, research the storage
facility and their amenities
- If you aren’t able to move everything immediately, be sure to check all the storage facilities in the area and pick the one that will accommodate most of your needs. Some of these can include access hours, stable pricing (no monthly price increases), accommodating staff, and cleanliness of the facility
- Don’t wait until the last minute!
- This is so important. Be PROACTIVE. If things are not packed appropriately and you are rushed, you might forget things or break your expensive furniture